Dirtyknees...

"Why is this dripping?" is never a good question.

Guess the Critter


Amy and I are in Seattle. She works about five or six days a week, but we were able to have the whole weekend together. We did a day hike at Rainier today. On the way back down the mountain we came just a couple of feet away from a ....




At the time, we didn't actually know what it was. I guessed nutria. Amy said woodchuck. We were both wrong until we googled "Mt. Rainier mammals" and positively identified the mammal we saw.

6 Comments:

  • At 10:14 AM, Blogger norrin radd said…

    I know from marmots. What the fuck is a nutria!?

     
  • At 11:15 AM, Blogger c. said…

    A nutria has a rat-like tail. They're common in the SE and in Washington and Oregon. I think they are the largest rodent in N. America.

    (I've only heard of woodchucks in tongue-twisters.)

     
  • At 8:18 PM, Blogger Dern said…

    I thought Nutria weren't native to N. America. What color is the bible that far North?

     
  • At 10:40 PM, Blogger c. said…

    you may be right about nutria not being native. i'll have to look that up.

    the word according to sullivan -- sadly i don't think the good word has reached these parts (or has it).

     
  • At 3:39 PM, Blogger Christopher said…

    They look like squirrels who had the munchies. How in the HELL have you been Christian?

     
  • At 3:40 PM, Blogger Christopher said…

    check out muh new hair

     

Post a Comment

<< Home