Kauai to Kona
[My apologies for the spelling errors. The Hotel's computer is blocking Blogger's spellchecker and I don't know how to disable it.]
Aloha friends!
After six days in Kauai's paradise, Amy and I are now in Kona, Hawai'i. It's a completely different island -- hotter and drier. I haven't done much in the way of tourism, except hang out at the hotel where Amy's conference is. The food is awesome and I sneak into all of the guest only areas like the fitness center and pool (we're staying at a modest beach house down the road).
In Kauai, Amy and I hiked the the canyon, "the swamp", and the famous Napali Coast. The Napali Coast hike to the falls was the hardest hike I've ever done in my life. There were about five stream crosings, splippery mud paths, perilous cliffs, and boulder strewn trails that covered a total of eight miles. We swam under a spectacular waterfall and talked to other hikers. By the end of the day, I was completely exausted. We treated ourselves to a Double Bubba Burger and beer on the way home. I also had my first taste of Cold Stone ice cream. Holy crap! It's so fucking good!
My experience on Kauai was by far the most fun I've ever had on any island. It had all the beauty and isolation of a Thai island without all the major health threats. Plus, there were very few mosquitos and the food was better than I expected. I had the tastiest sushi in my life and the best baked fish (alaskan black cod) while there.
Hope you all are doing great!
[My apologies for the spelling errors. The Hotel's computer is blocking Blogger's spellchecker and I don't know how to disable it.]
Aloha friends!
After six days in Kauai's paradise, Amy and I are now in Kona, Hawai'i. It's a completely different island -- hotter and drier. I haven't done much in the way of tourism, except hang out at the hotel where Amy's conference is. The food is awesome and I sneak into all of the guest only areas like the fitness center and pool (we're staying at a modest beach house down the road).
In Kauai, Amy and I hiked the the canyon, "the swamp", and the famous Napali Coast. The Napali Coast hike to the falls was the hardest hike I've ever done in my life. There were about five stream crosings, splippery mud paths, perilous cliffs, and boulder strewn trails that covered a total of eight miles. We swam under a spectacular waterfall and talked to other hikers. By the end of the day, I was completely exausted. We treated ourselves to a Double Bubba Burger and beer on the way home. I also had my first taste of Cold Stone ice cream. Holy crap! It's so fucking good!
My experience on Kauai was by far the most fun I've ever had on any island. It had all the beauty and isolation of a Thai island without all the major health threats. Plus, there were very few mosquitos and the food was better than I expected. I had the tastiest sushi in my life and the best baked fish (alaskan black cod) while there.
Hope you all are doing great!
1 Comments:
At 10:48 PM,
Dern said…
(If you get the chance the wet side is the Hilo side)
Much Mahalos.
Post a Comment
<< Home