Dirtyknees...

"Why is this dripping?" is never a good question.

Parked Car Pileup

The driver of the 1997 Toyota was about fifty years old. He wore a cannula that delivered oxygen to his nose. He didn't know his phone number and he had AIDS. At 4:45 in the morning, on the way to the Castro 24 hour Walgreens, he veered right coming down Noe.

A Mercedes was wiped out. My car was thrusted inside the back seat of a 2000 Volvo station wagon. The Volvo slammed Amy's car and Amy's car hit another vehicle beside it.

Standing on Noe Hill looking towards Twin Peaks.
















My car was totaled. Amy's was too, but possibly, hopefully still drivable.

No word yet on any compensation for the losses. It sounds like the driver of the Toyota didn't have enough insurance coverage. Amy and I have cheap cars, so we don't carry collision coverage.

Fuck.


Most of the day yesterday was spent on the phone and in person with insurance adjusters and auto body shop owners.

"We are not assuming liabililty," Myra of Liberty Mutual said. "Mitigate your own damages."


I wish he did.

4 Comments:

  • At 1:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I enjoyed reading this entry. I'm sorry to hear about the accident. Was anyone injured besides the driver? At least you are ok. I like this blog. I will continue to read this and follow up on this story.

     
  • At 1:52 PM, Blogger c. said…

    I hope you come back. I'll keep you all up to date on the aftermath of the wreck.

    All of the cars were parked, except for the fifty year-old driver's. His air bags deployed and he only complained of some nose and mouth soreness.

    It's amazing he came out virtually unscathed.

    Thanks for reading.

     
  • At 6:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That's shitty. I'm sorry dude.

     
  • At 12:28 AM, Blogger c. said…

    thanks tim.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home