Where in the World?
I like to pride myself on being a little bit educated. I've done some traveling in the past year or two and I have browsed a lot of in flight magazines. I especially like looking at the maps way in the back. If I have a window seat and I'm flying a cheaper airline, an airline without those neat flat-screen, real-time flight path displays, I like to look out the window and guess where I am.
I'll see a town starting to take form, maybe a shadowy beach stretching for miles and miles, and an archipelago (I love the word archipelago).
"Where am I?" I will ask.
Then, I'll look at the map. .
I've never responded, "I know, I know! Kyrgyzstan!"
I mean, who among you knew this is a real country?
I didn't until I saw them in the news this evening. The headline read something like "Kyrgyzstan Government Topples...Again...Due to Too Few Full-time Vowels".
I like to pride myself on being a little bit educated. I've done some traveling in the past year or two and I have browsed a lot of in flight magazines. I especially like looking at the maps way in the back. If I have a window seat and I'm flying a cheaper airline, an airline without those neat flat-screen, real-time flight path displays, I like to look out the window and guess where I am.
I'll see a town starting to take form, maybe a shadowy beach stretching for miles and miles, and an archipelago (I love the word archipelago).
"Where am I?" I will ask.
Then, I'll look at the map. .
I've never responded, "I know, I know! Kyrgyzstan!"
I mean, who among you knew this is a real country?
I didn't until I saw them in the news this evening. The headline read something like "Kyrgyzstan Government Topples...Again...Due to Too Few Full-time Vowels".
2 Comments:
At 5:29 AM,
Anonymous said…
dude... you rock.
At 3:15 PM,
Dern said…
Crap now I've gotta go look at map and the National Geographic archives.....
Post a Comment
<< Home