Dirtyknees...

"Why is this dripping?" is never a good question.

Juvy


Today was my second day on the job. For all of you who don't know, I'm now a nurse for criminally minded children. And guess what -- it's pretty f-n cool.

The kids don't seem all that bad. They call me "Sir" and "Nurse" all the time. They line up for their psych meds and acne medicine like good little soldiers, but, then, the rest of the staff tell me stories like...

"That one kid asked a counselor to take him to the bathroom and he beat the counselor until he was unconscious and every major bone and his body was broken. Then, the resident proceeded to drag the bloody "corpse" up and down the safety corridor until police arrived."

and...

"One kid took a nurse hostage and went out the back emergency door with a Bic pen pressed up against her throat. Luckily, the SWAT team was already at the back door and he put the pen down. The moral of the story is to never lose your pen and NEVER appear weak."

I still like the job though. Most of the kids just come from families that are really screwed up.

Another cool perk is that I get to stay informed of all the new street slang and gang signs. In the past, I only learned that stuff from HBO, Da Ali G Show, and rented movies. Right now, I'm too tired to think of any cool words and phrases. I'll share them as soon as I hear more and remember to post it.

2 Comments:

  • At 4:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    niiiiice

     
  • At 10:32 AM, Blogger Anthi said…

    That sounds like a really good job.

    Exciting, somewhat dangerous, and you get the chance to help out people who need it. What more could you ask for in a job?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home