Barra, Salvador
I´m in Barra (pronounced "Ba-ha"), Salvador, Brazil. In the past week, I´ve seen some amazing islands, been pulled out to sea by a rip tide, listened to terrific music, visited several colonial churches, and defended myself against marauding, stick wielding, stone throwing seven year olds.
I´m a little spent.
As expected, I got sick and had to take Cipro, a broad spectrum antibiotic. I no longer have gastro distress, but I feel pretty weak most of the time. It´s incredibly hot. After going out, I always have to go back to the room to lay naked on the bed to nap. Amy, on the otherhand, thrives in extreme heat. She normally has circulation problems in her extremities, but 90+ degree weather is perfect for her.
One of our travel partners is heading home. She´s been completely annoying the entire trip. She overplans everything and is offended by a lot of our jokes. She was raised by strict Muslim parents and was never allowed to date or wear a bathing suit. She can hardly admit when a Brazilian guy is physically attractive. What´s worse, whenever she goes out with us she cries about her recent break-up and makes sly comments to the bachelor in our group who is sort of on the prowl. Good riddance. She´s the worst travel partner I could ever imagine.
Whew. That felt good. The next three days should go a bit smoother with the three of us. Aaron, Amy, and I always laugh when we´re out. Aaron is setting up a few dates as well, so Amy and I will get some one on one time.
Ciao.
I´m in Barra (pronounced "Ba-ha"), Salvador, Brazil. In the past week, I´ve seen some amazing islands, been pulled out to sea by a rip tide, listened to terrific music, visited several colonial churches, and defended myself against marauding, stick wielding, stone throwing seven year olds.
I´m a little spent.
As expected, I got sick and had to take Cipro, a broad spectrum antibiotic. I no longer have gastro distress, but I feel pretty weak most of the time. It´s incredibly hot. After going out, I always have to go back to the room to lay naked on the bed to nap. Amy, on the otherhand, thrives in extreme heat. She normally has circulation problems in her extremities, but 90+ degree weather is perfect for her.
One of our travel partners is heading home. She´s been completely annoying the entire trip. She overplans everything and is offended by a lot of our jokes. She was raised by strict Muslim parents and was never allowed to date or wear a bathing suit. She can hardly admit when a Brazilian guy is physically attractive. What´s worse, whenever she goes out with us she cries about her recent break-up and makes sly comments to the bachelor in our group who is sort of on the prowl. Good riddance. She´s the worst travel partner I could ever imagine.
Whew. That felt good. The next three days should go a bit smoother with the three of us. Aaron, Amy, and I always laugh when we´re out. Aaron is setting up a few dates as well, so Amy and I will get some one on one time.
Ciao.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home