Things I'm Dying to Blog About (but know life would be hell if I did):
1. Sex -- I'm in a monogamous relationship. I'm no longer the dirty whore I was for several months. I respect my current partner too much to cheapen "love making".
2. Family -- I still think they lurk here.
3. My daily routine -- What do I do when I'm not working? You don't need to know just how pathetic my life is right now.
4. Ex-girlfriends -- They lurk.
5. Religion -- Too boring for most. I'm afraid I'll come across as "holier than thou", or hypocritical, or too "born again-y". Better to keep it to myself.
6. Relationship issues -- Do you want to see how long a single relationship can last? Dedicate a public blog to the subject. Give your significant other the address. It won't last long enough to even develop an archive.
1. Sex -- I'm in a monogamous relationship. I'm no longer the dirty whore I was for several months. I respect my current partner too much to cheapen "love making".
2. Family -- I still think they lurk here.
3. My daily routine -- What do I do when I'm not working? You don't need to know just how pathetic my life is right now.
4. Ex-girlfriends -- They lurk.
5. Religion -- Too boring for most. I'm afraid I'll come across as "holier than thou", or hypocritical, or too "born again-y". Better to keep it to myself.
6. Relationship issues -- Do you want to see how long a single relationship can last? Dedicate a public blog to the subject. Give your significant other the address. It won't last long enough to even develop an archive.
2 Comments:
At 6:34 AM,
Anonymous said…
isn't it the truth? the danger of people reading you is that you can't write about all the stuff that you'd like to write about. the danger of people not reading is, well, damage to your ego perhaps?
i, for one, would love to read about religion. it also seems somehow the safest (except for perhaps your daily routine) from the list from the relationship perspective.
faith and religion are amazingly interesting and complex things that receive so little attention in the world o education.
but, even more, sex...
seriously, i've now gone to doctor school in education (ya know, teaching kids and crap) for 3 years and i've yet to have a serious discussion about how faith/religion might shape kid's identities, learning styles or classroom behavior. more interesting to me at least is that i've not had that sort of discussion about sex either and i'm sure that sex and sexuality are HUGE parts of classroom life.
tf
At 4:43 PM,
c. said…
ah, yes, tim -- the "if you write publicly, no privacy...if you don't write publcly, no ego" paradox.
Post a Comment
<< Home