Blogger Posse, Mount Up!
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 23:49:05 -0800 (PST)
From: "Mr christian a avery" Add to Address Book
Subject: Shady Practices
To: pr@viewpoint.com
To whom it should deeply concern:
A new window with the icon of your company, Viewpoint, appeared on my screen stating "You have been Updated". There isn't a
way to close the window and it becomes superimposed
over all other windows. Furthermore, I never
purposefully downloaded any programs from Viewpoint.
The programs you offer may not be "spyware" by the
pure definition, however the manner in which Viewpoint
markets these programs is annoying, and will
ultimately lead to the demise of the company if not
corrected.
Educated people within the internet community will not
allow this type of transgression to go unchecked.
Haven't you heard what bloggers did to Dan Rather?
Please correct your marketing practices.
Christian Avery
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 23:49:05 -0800 (PST)
From: "Mr christian a avery"
Subject: Shady Practices
To: pr@viewpoint.com
To whom it should deeply concern:
A new window with the icon of your company, Viewpoint, appeared on my screen stating "You have been Updated". There isn't a
way to close the window and it becomes superimposed
over all other windows. Furthermore, I never
purposefully downloaded any programs from Viewpoint.
The programs you offer may not be "spyware" by the
pure definition, however the manner in which Viewpoint
markets these programs is annoying, and will
ultimately lead to the demise of the company if not
corrected.
Educated people within the internet community will not
allow this type of transgression to go unchecked.
Haven't you heard what bloggers did to Dan Rather?
Please correct your marketing practices.
Christian Avery
2 Comments:
At 12:10 AM,
c. said…
So, I ended up removing the Viewpoint window with some spyware remover program. But, after doing some quick research on the company, I found out they're legit. This gave me a little bit of confidence to push the "Update" link on the un-closable, forever superimposed window. Then, they present you with a user agreement. You have to actually say "no thanks" to the user agreement in order to get this annoying module to disappear.
What a-holes!
Amy's sister, Renee, is in the marketing end (sort of) of an internet security company. I wonder what she thinks of all this?
At 8:54 AM,
Dern said…
There is one computer at the I-cafe that has Viepoing on it. After being frustrated at first, then realizing the little web browser dealy kept changing depending on which web page I was on; I moved to another machine.
Needless to say everytime I accidentally get back on that computer, I immediately get up and move to another one.
Post a Comment
<< Home