All Set
Just finished packing. I'm at the other extreme this time.
As Dern noted, I packed for a small hospital, dive team, and search and rescue squadron last time I traveled. I felt like a fortress or some kind of mini-Walmart. I was prepared for every scenario. Sometimes it came in handy, but usually I just felt plain ridiculous. No matter what anyone tells you, you can survive ANYWHERE in the world for at least 2-3 days with the clothes on your back and a quart of water. You can extend your survival time to a week with US$10.
I'll be in Brazil a little over two weeks and I'm taking my little black Eastpack. Half of the space is taken up by The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay, Discover Magazine, and the March issue of GQ. Three pairs of socks, three pairs of underwear, a few toiletries, and a simple hand drawn map of Ipanema fills the rest.
And I still feel like I've overpacked.
Just finished packing. I'm at the other extreme this time.
As Dern noted, I packed for a small hospital, dive team, and search and rescue squadron last time I traveled. I felt like a fortress or some kind of mini-Walmart. I was prepared for every scenario. Sometimes it came in handy, but usually I just felt plain ridiculous. No matter what anyone tells you, you can survive ANYWHERE in the world for at least 2-3 days with the clothes on your back and a quart of water. You can extend your survival time to a week with US$10.
I'll be in Brazil a little over two weeks and I'm taking my little black Eastpack. Half of the space is taken up by The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay, Discover Magazine, and the March issue of GQ. Three pairs of socks, three pairs of underwear, a few toiletries, and a simple hand drawn map of Ipanema fills the rest.
And I still feel like I've overpacked.
1 Comments:
At 8:43 PM,
Dern said…
Dude how could you have forgotten the.....
Hope its fun in the sun.
Post a Comment
<< Home