Clink!
Tim, Kissyfur, Dern, Heidi, Amy, Franz, Renee (I know you lurk here), Antiplatypus and you wonderful people I've yet to see comment here twice,
I am SUPREMELY grateful for your friendship/readership. What wonderful people you are! I mean, to support me with comments and to do a little bit of online footwork on my behalf (Tim) -- it's very touching. Really :)
I followed Tim's union links (sent via email) and I'm saving them for future use. I am so into instant gratification that I sent the letter [see previous post] via email.
The best news of the day is that I received a certified letter from my old employer with a big fat check for hourly wages and accumulated vacation time. The rundown of my past earnings allowed me to apply for unemployment benefits. Once California approves my application, I should be taking home $410 per week while I'm looking for work -- enough to cover rent. Yipee!
I'm not part of a union and I don't think there's much they can do because I was a new employee on a specified 6 month probationary period. The hospital doesn't need a reason to fire me. All they have to say is "Sorry, it didn't work out."
Besides the certified letter that came in the mail today, my boss still hasn't contacted me. Whatever. I'm mostly interested in retrieving a couple of my favorite beanies left in the break room for my cold bald head anyway. Still, I want to keep my ex-manager accountable for her unprofessional actions. My plan is to go up the chain of command tomorrow and inform them of the manner in which I was terminated.
I'm still working on my new cover letter and resume. I'm going for a more esoteric/emotional/spiritual side of nursing this time; it'll suit me much better.
I'm super excited to apply for an adolescent psych nursing position. It's tough putting a psychiatric nursing slant to seven years of medical/surgical practice.
In conclusion, I poorly paraphrase Marie Martin,

Marie drinking pork directly from the carton.
sex columnist, short story writer, friend ,and author of the now defunct tinylittledog.com:
This is the sound of bottles hitting a ship.
Tim, Kissyfur, Dern, Heidi, Amy, Franz, Renee (I know you lurk here), Antiplatypus and you wonderful people I've yet to see comment here twice,
I am SUPREMELY grateful for your friendship/readership. What wonderful people you are! I mean, to support me with comments and to do a little bit of online footwork on my behalf (Tim) -- it's very touching. Really :)
I followed Tim's union links (sent via email) and I'm saving them for future use. I am so into instant gratification that I sent the letter [see previous post] via email.
The best news of the day is that I received a certified letter from my old employer with a big fat check for hourly wages and accumulated vacation time. The rundown of my past earnings allowed me to apply for unemployment benefits. Once California approves my application, I should be taking home $410 per week while I'm looking for work -- enough to cover rent. Yipee!
I'm not part of a union and I don't think there's much they can do because I was a new employee on a specified 6 month probationary period. The hospital doesn't need a reason to fire me. All they have to say is "Sorry, it didn't work out."
Besides the certified letter that came in the mail today, my boss still hasn't contacted me. Whatever. I'm mostly interested in retrieving a couple of my favorite beanies left in the break room for my cold bald head anyway. Still, I want to keep my ex-manager accountable for her unprofessional actions. My plan is to go up the chain of command tomorrow and inform them of the manner in which I was terminated.
I'm still working on my new cover letter and resume. I'm going for a more esoteric/emotional/spiritual side of nursing this time; it'll suit me much better.
I'm super excited to apply for an adolescent psych nursing position. It's tough putting a psychiatric nursing slant to seven years of medical/surgical practice.
In conclusion, I poorly paraphrase Marie Martin,

Marie drinking pork directly from the carton.
sex columnist, short story writer, friend ,and author of the now defunct tinylittledog.com:
This is the sound of bottles hitting a ship.
1 Comments:
At 2:21 PM,
Anonymous said…
fine fine fine...
livejournal.com/users/mthgeek
tf
Post a Comment
<< Home