Damned if I Do
Why is it when I try really hard to write a short story nobody except Heidi or Dern (maybe Tim) responds with a comment?
Then, I go out drinking, come home, and write whatever the hell comes to mind and people want to roll in it?
You all are sick.
Why is it when I try really hard to write a short story nobody except Heidi or Dern (maybe Tim) responds with a comment?
Then, I go out drinking, come home, and write whatever the hell comes to mind and people want to roll in it?
You all are sick.
3 Comments:
At 6:00 AM,
Anonymous said…
dude,
that's cause it's easier. no, i'm actually serious about this. responding to something that sounds like literature is difficult, and responding to something that might be true and has depth (that is, seems quite well written) is significantly more difficult than saying anything about drunken ramblings. moreover, there is in many ways, something fundamentally more personal about the type of writing that I do in a short-story form than when I ramble about myself.
so, perhaps take it as a gesture of respect.
tf
At 12:47 PM,
Sherry said…
I thought that is *was* a story about drinking and whatever. And that's why I *didn't* comment. You shouldn't write to get comments, anyway. We will always let you down in that respect. Every time I think I write something great, no one remarks. Every time I write something that I think sucks, someone says something. I have decided just to believe that the writing is it's own reward, and not give a damn what anyone else thinks.
I'm freer that way.
S
At 2:53 PM,
Dern said…
'Cause everyone knows that I'm a serious literature snob.....(hah)
Post a Comment
<< Home