How to Seduce Yourself:
You don't need a girlfriend to be happy. You can always romance
yourself and...
go out for brunch.
flex in front of a mirror.
take yourself on a date.
talk to homeless people.
masturbate.
listen to the compliments others give and internalize them.
buy yourself flowers.
make a lamp.
try a new recipe. Share it with a friend if you like.
go on a date and don't have sex.
go on a date and have sex.
make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.
sit.
laugh with a child.
shave your testicles.
take a nap.
read a book by a local author and meet the author.
dance to the Smiths in your living room.
forgive others.
forgive yourself.
buy quality bed sheets.
set your alarm clock to odd numbers only.
blog.
make lists.
imbibe caffeine.
use a word you never have used before (like "imbibe").
think of yellow.
You don't need a girlfriend to be happy. You can always romance
yourself and...
go out for brunch.
flex in front of a mirror.
take yourself on a date.
talk to homeless people.
masturbate.
listen to the compliments others give and internalize them.
buy yourself flowers.
make a lamp.
try a new recipe. Share it with a friend if you like.
go on a date and don't have sex.
go on a date and have sex.
make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.
sit.
laugh with a child.
shave your testicles.
take a nap.
read a book by a local author and meet the author.
dance to the Smiths in your living room.
forgive others.
forgive yourself.
buy quality bed sheets.
set your alarm clock to odd numbers only.
blog.
make lists.
imbibe caffeine.
use a word you never have used before (like "imbibe").
think of yellow.
6 Comments:
At 4:35 PM,
JaG said…
Good list
At 3:07 AM,
Janet said…
Funny ;o)
At 9:35 AM,
c. said…
It's easier to shave my balls than my face. A nose isn't movable.
At 7:47 PM,
Dern said…
(taking the serious response to the list)
I've tried most of those over many years and found them ultimately to be entirely unfulfilling by themselves.
-DERN (soulless yuppy)
At 3:18 PM,
c. said…
What are you saying Dern? One DOES need a girlfriend to be happy, OR, do you have to do every thing listed here all at once. ;)
I think I know what makes you happy: beer, travel, building stuff, Whacky Willy's (surplus electronics and expired medical supply store for those not in the know), and friends (to name a few).
Am I right?
At 6:43 PM,
Dern said…
Yep, thats a start on things that I keep myself satisfied and occupied with. And as my blog is my witness, always doing something random and pointless.
Just saying that most of the things on the list are fun things to keep a person happy for a time. Ultimately over a long enough period of time you'll be happy, but on the fringes there can be an empty spot.
Of course, as Old Ben Kenobi says, it all depends on your own point of view. What may be true for me, may not be true for others.
Would I be happier with a girlfriend right now? Not sure. Do I feel like I have time or the capacity to devote to that venture right now, not really. But who knows, I'm on an island in the Pacific.....
Post a Comment
<< Home