Revelry
Working nights and partying has messed up my sleep/wake schedule. I went to bed around 2:30 this morning. I got a phone call around 5:30. It was work, so I didn't answer it. Even if I did answer it, I wouldn't have been in a frame of mind to talk or make any rational decisions.
I checked the message.
"Hi, this is Ruby. I have very important message for you -- okay -- so I hope you call me back. I'm going to try to page you."
My phone rings again. True to her word, Ruby pages my phone, (as if ringing it once and leaving a message wasn't enough). My phone recognizes the number and displays "PCRC".
I'm awake and slightly worried. Adrenaline has been released.
Am I scheduled to work today?
At most hospitals, they just leave you a polite message and hope you'll call back. But, this message was vague and "important" -- worthy of a second page.
After an hour and a half of thinking and taking the opportunity to move my car out of the way of the street cleaners, I've come to the following conclusions:
This is manipulation. This is rude behavior. Nothing warrants such a disturbance from the workplace, not even death. If someone has died, they won't get any deader. I can grieve or deal with legal issues later. Just leave me a message and I'll call back. I am NOT scheduled today. If this is a solicitation for overtime work, try asking me nicely. Don't call me twice and leave vague messages so I worry and resort to calling you back. Everyone knows it's harder to say "no" to a real live person.
Fuck off!
Working nights and partying has messed up my sleep/wake schedule. I went to bed around 2:30 this morning. I got a phone call around 5:30. It was work, so I didn't answer it. Even if I did answer it, I wouldn't have been in a frame of mind to talk or make any rational decisions.
I checked the message.
"Hi, this is Ruby. I have very important message for you -- okay -- so I hope you call me back. I'm going to try to page you."
My phone rings again. True to her word, Ruby pages my phone, (as if ringing it once and leaving a message wasn't enough). My phone recognizes the number and displays "PCRC".
I'm awake and slightly worried. Adrenaline has been released.
Am I scheduled to work today?
At most hospitals, they just leave you a polite message and hope you'll call back. But, this message was vague and "important" -- worthy of a second page.
After an hour and a half of thinking and taking the opportunity to move my car out of the way of the street cleaners, I've come to the following conclusions:
This is manipulation. This is rude behavior. Nothing warrants such a disturbance from the workplace, not even death. If someone has died, they won't get any deader. I can grieve or deal with legal issues later. Just leave me a message and I'll call back. I am NOT scheduled today. If this is a solicitation for overtime work, try asking me nicely. Don't call me twice and leave vague messages so I worry and resort to calling you back. Everyone knows it's harder to say "no" to a real live person.
Fuck off!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home