Never check your favorite blogs before bedtime.
Dern got me all riled up about The Steiner Aid's post about Alvin York. This was my response to Dern's comment on Briefblog (obviously, it was too long for the site, so I'm putting it here):
I read the blurb on York. "It's okay to kill a few to save several" was the justification for dropping the bomb on Hiroshima. Do you think that was a good idea?
In my opinion, a man who decides to be a combatant and then proceeds to kill twenty or more men in battle is NOT a pacifist. Maybe he became a pacifist following the ordeal.
Whatever the case, The Steiner Aid didn't earn my favor by posting about the "reluctant war hero".
I won't even comment on the Kerry piece. It's time for bed.
Dern got me all riled up about The Steiner Aid's post about Alvin York. This was my response to Dern's comment on Briefblog (obviously, it was too long for the site, so I'm putting it here):
I read the blurb on York. "It's okay to kill a few to save several" was the justification for dropping the bomb on Hiroshima. Do you think that was a good idea?
In my opinion, a man who decides to be a combatant and then proceeds to kill twenty or more men in battle is NOT a pacifist. Maybe he became a pacifist following the ordeal.
Whatever the case, The Steiner Aid didn't earn my favor by posting about the "reluctant war hero".
I won't even comment on the Kerry piece. It's time for bed.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home