I've been lounging on the couch naked all day listening to past episodes of NPR's This American Life. The last time I listened to the show on a regular basis I owned a house in Portland. A semi-stable relationship, yard maintenence, cloudy days, and faithful church attendence seem to go hand in hand with listening to the program. Today, I have none of these things, except the cloudy day.
I think I'm verging on a semi-stable life. Listening to NPR or reading a book in one of the many neighborhood cafes seems like a terrific idea, while dancing and drinking until three AM at the Beauty Bar does not.
I'm actually looking for a postition as staff at local hospitals. The lease on my apartment isn't up until next June. I keep telling myself just one year. Try it out for that long. Save some money, then BOOM! Time to count cats in Zanzibar.
My life isn't very exciting right now. I'm looking back to the blog archives for something with a little bit more zing. I decided Laos was a bit zingy.
The following story was written an hour after fleeing the largest of islands in the Mekong Delta in Southern Laos. Ten thousand kip equal one U.S. Dollar.
I think I'm verging on a semi-stable life. Listening to NPR or reading a book in one of the many neighborhood cafes seems like a terrific idea, while dancing and drinking until three AM at the Beauty Bar does not.
I'm actually looking for a postition as staff at local hospitals. The lease on my apartment isn't up until next June. I keep telling myself just one year. Try it out for that long. Save some money, then BOOM! Time to count cats in Zanzibar.
My life isn't very exciting right now. I'm looking back to the blog archives for something with a little bit more zing. I decided Laos was a bit zingy.
The following story was written an hour after fleeing the largest of islands in the Mekong Delta in Southern Laos. Ten thousand kip equal one U.S. Dollar.
And, yes, I now realize I was a stingy bastard.
*READ THE STORY HERE*
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home