Sometimes I wish to be a calm, cool, and collected individual, like Dr. Ash, an Indian oncologist here at the hospital. The sky could be falling and he maintains his steady tone of voice. It isn't fake calmness either -- the dude really isn't very concerned that a kid's fingers are turning purple or a child's systolic BP is going through the roof. He is confident. He is wise.
His peace brings us peace.
I am a cartoon character compared to him. He's Wu Wei, a Daoist master. Me, I'm Roger Rabbit. I have to bring it down a notch whenever I approach him or risk a total clash of cultures.
I fear being boring as much as I fear being maniacal. Don't expect me to be like Dr. Ash, at least not always. It's too much to ask. If I can just have a few minutes a day of that Zen like presence, I think I will be pleased with myself -- and you should, too.
His peace brings us peace.
I am a cartoon character compared to him. He's Wu Wei, a Daoist master. Me, I'm Roger Rabbit. I have to bring it down a notch whenever I approach him or risk a total clash of cultures.
I fear being boring as much as I fear being maniacal. Don't expect me to be like Dr. Ash, at least not always. It's too much to ask. If I can just have a few minutes a day of that Zen like presence, I think I will be pleased with myself -- and you should, too.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home