Dirtyknees...

"Why is this dripping?" is never a good question.

Portland, San Francisco, Boston, D.C. -- wherever you are, whatever you are, it doesn't matter -- urban sexuality is, in the words of one S.F. Mission dyke "getting pretty damn conceptual."


Last night I went out at 10:30 PM with the intention of getting a fresh sound bite for my first ever audioblog. I was very excited. I slipped on the first pair of cruddy jeans I could find and matched it to my favorite thrift store jacket with epaulets. In the frenzy, I skipped the donning of underwear and socks.

Evidently, the two young U.C. Berkeley women whom I met at the local "Irish" pub really appreciated my geeky enthusiasm for audioblogging, my sexually ambiguous style of dress, and blatant disregard for undergarments.


After her third vodka collins, the one named after a spring month stated, "I thought you were gay."


I returned home at six o'clock this morning without the sound bite I set out for, but I gained a deeper understanding of the our developing urban libido.


What's going on here? How are people hooking up these days? What attracts us to one another?


Heather Smith's article "Strangers in the night", which is featured in this week's S.F. Bay Guardian, is a must read. She answers all these questions and illustrates the anthropology of bars, booze, and sex in vivid detail.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home