I'm still not over Krista. The piercing that christened my bachelorhood is healing faster than my heart. I wake up every morning hoping to still catch a glimpse of some puss or at least a little bit of crust around the hole in my chin. I look, but it's just a piece of metal protruding from a thickened scar. They said it would take six to eight weeks to heal. It's been four.
Why do my physical wounds heal so much faster than the emotional ones?
Our breakup wasn't a chin piercing. For me, it was more like a broken femur with multiple fractures. I'm slowly being weaned off morphine. The physical therapists have successfully gotten me out of bed. Only the metal rods keep everything together.
Why do my physical wounds heal so much faster than the emotional ones?
Our breakup wasn't a chin piercing. For me, it was more like a broken femur with multiple fractures. I'm slowly being weaned off morphine. The physical therapists have successfully gotten me out of bed. Only the metal rods keep everything together.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home