When I stand on a rock, a ship, a building, or anything tall, I think of jumping off. I always have. It's rarely a suicidal thought. It's more like I want to challenge reality. I am an adolescent. I am Spiderman. I will land on the rock below, on all fours, ready to jump onto a neighboring tree. I am an adult. I will hit the water and the ship will have to sound a horn and turn around to pick me up, embarrassing me, or worse, engines will chew my flesh and feed the sharks. I am a child. I will jump from this rock, fly over the palm trees. It wouldn't take long to reach the next hill, to fly over the ocean, to go home and see my friends and family and return back here in about an hour. Gnomes, fairies, and elves still exist.
I will fly.
I will fly.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home