Dirtyknees...

"Why is this dripping?" is never a good question.

I just checked my email. Dern wrote me. He says a guy named Deniz Aydiner was captured for the University of Portland murder that occurred about 2 years ago. Here's his email followed by my response:

--- Dern wrote:
> Well apparently they got the guy who killed that UP
> student (a couple years ago).
>
> Attached is the online newspaper article.
> Unfortunately the online version didn't have any
> photos.....I didn't recognize the name, but the mug
> shot of the guy looked like someone I remember
> seeing around campus while we were there. Freaky
> sh*t!
>
> Hope things are well with everyone. Take it easy,
>
> -DERN
>
> Subject: Check out this page on OregonLive.com
> "http://oregonlive.com/news/oregonian/index.ssf?/base/front_page/1074344333182640.xml">


I know the name, very, very well.



You all may not believe this, but I dated Deniz's sister, Derya Aydiner. Deniz used to live on the second floor of Villa Maria. He was very well known -- a great intramural soccer player. Derya and I would go and visit him briefly sometimes. He was always nice and even patient with me. He'd let me try out the few words of Turkish Derya taught me over a couple of months. The guy offered me a whole bunch of balaclava (sp?) once and I accepted. He is handsome and doesn't look like some crazy fiend like you would expect. I would never peg him for such a heinous crime.

This news is a complete shock to me. Very creepy.

Christian Avery

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home