Dirtyknees...

"Why is this dripping?" is never a good question.

I am the Gatekeeper.

Last night, I looked outside the window of my overpriced hotel (in reality it's a vacant furnished apartment) and I saw something that sort of scared me. On the balcony ledge I thought I saw a very large dog resting on its side. It was dark. I stared at the image a little longer and it became clearer: a stone lion. It must have fallen from the roof a long time ago. Pieces of its nose were missing, the body weathered and mildew stained. Because my mind has been oversaturated by American pop culture for the past twenty-six years, I thought of Ghostbusters.

Earlier in the night, we went to a Thai pizza place. Our waitress was a beautiful transexual (man to woman). I daydreamed of walking down the street and unabashedly holding hands with her. She would giggle and smile every so often. My daydream was interupted when our breadsticks were served with a side of thousand island dressing. The apocolypse is upon us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home