I'm in Northern Laos at some resort town/young hippie colony.
The scenery rivals that of Yosemite. Magnificent, grooved cliffs border the main village. Below the cliffs there is a river. The pastime around here seems to be eating "happy" pizza and drifting lazily down the river in an inner-tube. There's also kayaking and spelunking in some ancient caves. I've just arrived, so all of this is only rumored.
Last night I ate Indian food and dared myself to watch a pirated version of Quintin Tarantino's Kill Bill. It was horrible; the sound was all off, the voices didn't match the mouths, and the film skipped a lot. "This film is not to be duplicated" read at the top of the screen the entire time. I left after 15 minutes. You'd have to be eating "happy" pizza in order to enjoy it, I think.
The scenery rivals that of Yosemite. Magnificent, grooved cliffs border the main village. Below the cliffs there is a river. The pastime around here seems to be eating "happy" pizza and drifting lazily down the river in an inner-tube. There's also kayaking and spelunking in some ancient caves. I've just arrived, so all of this is only rumored.
Last night I ate Indian food and dared myself to watch a pirated version of Quintin Tarantino's Kill Bill. It was horrible; the sound was all off, the voices didn't match the mouths, and the film skipped a lot. "This film is not to be duplicated" read at the top of the screen the entire time. I left after 15 minutes. You'd have to be eating "happy" pizza in order to enjoy it, I think.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home