Cambodia is like a Las Vegas hotel. It's easy to get inside, but hell to get out. Wish us luck on the journey.
I've been reading a lot about S.E. Asian history and I've come to a couple of conclusions:
1) Occupying foreign countries is bad.
2) The Viet Cong were not so bad.
Occupation almost always causes anger in the people whose land is being occupied. This causes war, a destabilized country, and with it famine, a destroyed infrastructure and economic collapse.
The Viet Cong brought stability to Vietnam. The U.S. actually backed the Khmer Rouge regime. After the U.S. backed out of Vietnam, the Viet Cong took Saigon and helped overthrow the Khmer Rouge in less than one month.
This topic is open for discussion. Please e-mail your rebuttal to me at christian_avery_2000@yahoo.com.
I've been reading a lot about S.E. Asian history and I've come to a couple of conclusions:
1) Occupying foreign countries is bad.
2) The Viet Cong were not so bad.
Occupation almost always causes anger in the people whose land is being occupied. This causes war, a destabilized country, and with it famine, a destroyed infrastructure and economic collapse.
The Viet Cong brought stability to Vietnam. The U.S. actually backed the Khmer Rouge regime. After the U.S. backed out of Vietnam, the Viet Cong took Saigon and helped overthrow the Khmer Rouge in less than one month.
This topic is open for discussion. Please e-mail your rebuttal to me at christian_avery_2000@yahoo.com.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home