Big things are happening.
I went to the Angkor Wat today. I was in awe of these mysterious castle like stone structures. Most of them are almost 1,000 years old. Krista and I woke up at 4 AM and biked 12 kilometers to see the sun rising over the main temple's three towers. There are probably over one hundred temples in a about a hundred square miles of jungle. We only had time to see about 4 or 5 of temples, exploring three of them very extensively. My favorite was called Bayon and it was covered with stone reliefs which told stories of the ancient peoples' lives. Several huge stone heads decorated the temple and added a spooky, mysterious feel to the place. We tried to imagine what the first Westerners may have thought when they cast their eyes on them.
Incredible!
I went to the Angkor Wat today. I was in awe of these mysterious castle like stone structures. Most of them are almost 1,000 years old. Krista and I woke up at 4 AM and biked 12 kilometers to see the sun rising over the main temple's three towers. There are probably over one hundred temples in a about a hundred square miles of jungle. We only had time to see about 4 or 5 of temples, exploring three of them very extensively. My favorite was called Bayon and it was covered with stone reliefs which told stories of the ancient peoples' lives. Several huge stone heads decorated the temple and added a spooky, mysterious feel to the place. We tried to imagine what the first Westerners may have thought when they cast their eyes on them.
Incredible!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home