An Irish man is through with his shopping and he goes to the checkout. He asks the young American woman in front of him, "Pardon me, are you in the queue?"
She says, "I beg your pardon."
He asks again, "Are you in the queue?"
"OH," she exclaims "No, I'm not Cuban."
A witty 23 year old Irish kid told me that joke the other day. He told it in the first person though. I hope it didn't actually happen. We Americans get a bad rap enough as it is.
A message to my parents and sister: I am alive. I'm glad you'll be with the Shroeders for Thanksgiving. Don't worry about my $25 medical bill, I'll pay it when I get home. The Department of Defense always says I'm way over due on my monthly payment even if it arrives one day late. I love you all. Tell me if the creditors cal.l
I didn't go to live as an island hermit. I've been staying at Tir Na Nog, the Irish Pub, all along. The lifestyle there is just too cush, clean, and cheap to pass up. Krista and I have been sharing a room somewhat harmoniously. No fighting for days, but we've been trying to keep a few hours of alone time everyday. Right now, she's on a snorkeling tour around this archipelago.
I've been exploring Gili Trawangan everyday since I last posted. I walked the entire perimeter two days ago. It only took an hour and a half. I was surprised to see so many cacti and scorched coconut palms. Three quarters of this island is practically desert.
I have been snorkeling the big reef a lot. I no longer am scared of running into a shark. There are only reef sharks around here, and they are relatively small and quite timid of humans. If I saw one, I'd consider myself fortunate and go back ashore to finish cleaning out my swimming trunks.
I've seen big turtles, rainbow fish with spikes, snakes (maybe eels that only look like snakes), and rainbow colored lobsters. I still can't find Nemo anywhere.
We leave for Singapore on the 29th (28th your time). This island is plagued by high cost internet, slow computers and frequent power outages. You all probably won't here from me until I arrive in Singapore or a few days later in Thailand.
Until then, know I am healthy, getting tan, staying on budget, and eating lots of yummy seafood on the beach.
She says, "I beg your pardon."
He asks again, "Are you in the queue?"
"OH," she exclaims "No, I'm not Cuban."
A witty 23 year old Irish kid told me that joke the other day. He told it in the first person though. I hope it didn't actually happen. We Americans get a bad rap enough as it is.
A message to my parents and sister: I am alive. I'm glad you'll be with the Shroeders for Thanksgiving. Don't worry about my $25 medical bill, I'll pay it when I get home. The Department of Defense always says I'm way over due on my monthly payment even if it arrives one day late. I love you all. Tell me if the creditors cal.l
I didn't go to live as an island hermit. I've been staying at Tir Na Nog, the Irish Pub, all along. The lifestyle there is just too cush, clean, and cheap to pass up. Krista and I have been sharing a room somewhat harmoniously. No fighting for days, but we've been trying to keep a few hours of alone time everyday. Right now, she's on a snorkeling tour around this archipelago.
I've been exploring Gili Trawangan everyday since I last posted. I walked the entire perimeter two days ago. It only took an hour and a half. I was surprised to see so many cacti and scorched coconut palms. Three quarters of this island is practically desert.
I have been snorkeling the big reef a lot. I no longer am scared of running into a shark. There are only reef sharks around here, and they are relatively small and quite timid of humans. If I saw one, I'd consider myself fortunate and go back ashore to finish cleaning out my swimming trunks.
I've seen big turtles, rainbow fish with spikes, snakes (maybe eels that only look like snakes), and rainbow colored lobsters. I still can't find Nemo anywhere.
We leave for Singapore on the 29th (28th your time). This island is plagued by high cost internet, slow computers and frequent power outages. You all probably won't here from me until I arrive in Singapore or a few days later in Thailand.
Until then, know I am healthy, getting tan, staying on budget, and eating lots of yummy seafood on the beach.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home