Dirtyknees...

"Why is this dripping?" is never a good question.

I'm on the little island of Gilli Trawangan, Lombok, Indonesia.

As krista and I were on the way here by motored catamaran, she said this would probably be the next place they'll film T.V.'s Survivor. This island is the most inhabited of the three small islands in the immediate area. The main street faces the other islands and it's only about a half mile of cobbled road. There are no motorized vehicles here, only pony drawn carts. It takes about 2 hours to slowly walk around the island, but I don't know who would because is very hot and dry here. There are hardly any mosquitoes and the coral and fish are very plentiful (I went snorkeling for the first time yesterday).

I'm staying, believe it or not, at an Irish pub. The rooms are brand new with very comfy clean white linen sheets. It only costs $4.75 / night with breakfast included. They also give me a fan, a hot water shower, and a balcony patio with my own resident feral cat. Downstairs I can play board games, watch satellite T.V., or choose the latest DVD movie -- all for free.

I'm living in pure luxury and I'm way over budget. Krista and I started to fight after she recovered from her near death gastrointestinal experience (she ended up having loose bloody stools accompanied by severe cramps she claimed were worse than labor pains and she had to go on antibiotics). We are now living separate. My bar tab reflects our departure. Too much comfort food and comfort liquor.

I'm moving tomorrow morning to a more remote area. I'll save money this way and be able to think more clearly. I'll come into the village every once in awhile for water, food, and company.

I'll try to post again in about 2 to 3 days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home