I'm at 100% today.
When we arrived in Lombok, I pointed up at the tallest hill that surrounds the village and told Krista jokingly I was going to hire a Indonesian "Sherpa" to piggyback me up to the top.
This morning, I hiked nearly to the top of the ridge. No Sherpa needed. The views overlooking the reef looked fake. I couldn't believe my eyes. The water looked crystal blue. The waves looked like they were coming in at slow motion. All the sailboats and catamaran seemed like little toys placed there by some kind of tropical model railroad enthusiast. I stood there and wished I had my camera. Then, I became a little relieved I didn't have my camera.
Friends, let me divulge a dark, hidden secret. I really don't like looking at vacation photos -- especially at photos that do not belong to me. I can tolerate, possibly even enjoy looking at about a dozen vacation photos in one sitting, then I become numb.
Here is my solemn pledge to you all: I promise not to show any of you more than 12 photos of my trip unless you beg me to do otherwise. Furthermore, I pledge to tell the story of my 5 month trip in a concise, clean, and clear manner (except when writing my blog...in which case I reserve the right to ramble and orphen not make any cents).
This blog will provide all the historical details of my trip. The twelve pictures will suffice for the illustrations.
Krista says she is at about 75% today. She did yoga while I was on my hike. Right now she is sitting behind me trying to start her own blog at hothousedeer.blogspot.com.
The plan is to leave for the Gili Islands tomorrow morning. There should be internet access there, so I'll try to keep you posted on the snorkeling adventures.
When we arrived in Lombok, I pointed up at the tallest hill that surrounds the village and told Krista jokingly I was going to hire a Indonesian "Sherpa" to piggyback me up to the top.
This morning, I hiked nearly to the top of the ridge. No Sherpa needed. The views overlooking the reef looked fake. I couldn't believe my eyes. The water looked crystal blue. The waves looked like they were coming in at slow motion. All the sailboats and catamaran seemed like little toys placed there by some kind of tropical model railroad enthusiast. I stood there and wished I had my camera. Then, I became a little relieved I didn't have my camera.
Friends, let me divulge a dark, hidden secret. I really don't like looking at vacation photos -- especially at photos that do not belong to me. I can tolerate, possibly even enjoy looking at about a dozen vacation photos in one sitting, then I become numb.
Here is my solemn pledge to you all: I promise not to show any of you more than 12 photos of my trip unless you beg me to do otherwise. Furthermore, I pledge to tell the story of my 5 month trip in a concise, clean, and clear manner (except when writing my blog...in which case I reserve the right to ramble and orphen not make any cents).
This blog will provide all the historical details of my trip. The twelve pictures will suffice for the illustrations.
Krista says she is at about 75% today. She did yoga while I was on my hike. Right now she is sitting behind me trying to start her own blog at hothousedeer.blogspot.com.
The plan is to leave for the Gili Islands tomorrow morning. There should be internet access there, so I'll try to keep you posted on the snorkeling adventures.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home