Dirtyknees...

"Why is this dripping?" is never a good question.

I forgot to write about my boat trek off Gili Trawangan. It was amazing! The captain of the express ship let Krista and I sit on the bow for the entire 3 hour trip. At the front of the boat, we didn't experience any motion sickness. In fact, we delighted in the roller coaster effect the ocean's swells created. It was better than any Disneyland ride.

Midway through the trip while Krista was napping, I heard a whistle blowing loudly. I looked up and I saw the first mate pointing off to the near distance. I looked to where he was pointing and I saw a dolphin. I yelled at Krista to wake up. As soon as she awoke, about 4 dozen dolphins had surround the boat. They were jumping out of the water in pairs and threes. You could see them directly below, too, following the speed of the ship.

The whole experience lasted less than 60 seconds. They went away as fast as they came.

It was one of the most amazing sights I have ever witnessed. We were stunned and were on the verge of crying from sheer joy. I will never forget it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home